Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby Hats!


A friend of mine has THE CUTEST baby girl ever.  I adore her, and since I have been dying to try to make a shape other than a square or rectangle, I decided to make her a hat.  This is also from Stitch ‘N Bitch - the umbilical cord hat.  This was super easy and fast...I made it in one day.  I lost my yarn wrapper, so I can’t tell you exactly what yarn I used, except that it was bulky instead of the suggested medium, and I used size 8 needles.  The reason for this was 2 fold: Number 1: She is 9 months, so her head is a little bigger than the  0-6 months the pattern was designed for.  Number 2: Michael’s was out of US7 dpns.  I also made sure the yarn was soft, and machine washable and dry-able, as babies are crazy messy.  Here’s some pics of the work in progress...


No comments:

Post a Comment