Monday, March 9, 2009

Updates!


Whoo- its been a while.  I have a lot to catch you up on, including a yarn crawl with the boyfriend's mom and some new knitting places I love!  These will not be in this post, however.  This is a project update post!

My sweater is slightly longer than you last saw, but I am getting bored with endless stockinette stitch and am now using it as a "fingers" break from small-needled things.  I'm thinking about making it with elbow-length sleeves, as this is more multi-season friendly.  We'll see.

I still only have 1 Bella's Mitten knit.

I am learning how to make socks, and have about 1/2 of a sock knit.  I know some people LOVE making socks, but I don't think that socks are my calling.  I don't have a picture of my 1/2 sock, but when I finally get the pair finished, I will post one. 

I am currently knitting baby "Legwarmies" (by Alana Dakos) for the lady I work with's baby girl.  She's such a cutie!  I have 1 done. (Are you seeing a pattern?)  This is my bus knitting, so it gets knitted a couple rows at a time. 

I also have one wristwarmer (out of two) made.  For these I used a modified version of Toast (by Leslie Friend).  I added in a panel of small eyelet diamonds (from Vogue Stitchionary, #111).  This is an amazing stitch guide that my library has, and I will probably be checking it out often.   One problem- I bound off too tightly, so the wristers are not as stretchy at one end as the other.  I solve this by wearing it with the tight end on my forearm to hold them in place, and the loose end over my hand.  I don't know if I will be keeping these, or giving them as a gift.  I like the idea (I always have very cold hands), but I don't think these ones are particularly my style.

My current favorite project is one for spring!  I am making the Sweet Lily Shawl from Interweave Knits Spring 2009 in JoJoLand Harmony.  This is my first real lace project, and I love it.  I will wear it as a scarf with my black tanks this summer to keep the chill from the airconditioner away in lab, and with pretty dresses as a wrap.  Exciting! I have 3 out of 13 repeats finished.  

1 comment:

  1. The baby leg-things are cute. You know my feelings on the wrist pink things, and wow! I never really looked at the lace when I was down there. Nice!

    PS I want an owl sweater, or owl-somthing like we chatted about. It has been decided.

    ReplyDelete